Green building design is now the most used phrase in the construction community as it is increasingly leading the modern day building policies in the western world. Unlike conventional homes, the aim of green architecture is to address various aspects like energy conservation and reduction in water consumption along with smart usage of renewable energy sources to power the building premises.
A well trained and experienced green architect can help you with the process of constructing an Eco-friendly building by making use of the best tools and materials. It’s not just about making use of the Eco-friendly systems like using HVAC systems but also designing every inch of the property, for instance the ventilation, walls, insulation and windows to achieve your energy objectives. It’s not just about making your building cost effective (at least 30% savings) but also reducing the carbon impact it makes to a great extent.
By engaging a green builder you are not only saying yes to making use of solar panels wherever possible but even usage of nontoxic paints. This not only pushes you to the pinnacle of modern living but a healthy living environment for your family. It is essential to engage a builder who is well certified (LEED) and trained in this field. Before hiring one, it’s better to have an initial meeting to know more about the experience and knowledge the architect holds to take up your project.
An expert architect will deal with several aspects of the construction process such as:
– Designs the building in such a way to reduce any negative effect it can have on the environment.
– Makes use of sophisticated green technology and tools along with renewable systems and Eco-friendly products to construct and equip the building
– Comes up with a plan to decrease the overall energy and water usage
– The green construction will make use of the latest environmental systems whether for heating/cooling purposes. For instance, the usage of geothermal heat pumps can have a big impact on how your building’s temperature gets affected
– The builder will also educate you on the whole construction process and maintenance required later on. So in essence he/she will keep you informed about the advantages and savings you can make every month on your new green home
Needless to say, your green Eco friendly building’s market value will be a lot higher when compared to conventional homes. So it’s time you interviewed your local architects to find the best contractor among them.